Earth Week High Fashion: Green on the Green
Interested in fashion? What about TRASHION? Barnard’s Earth Week Committee is putting on: Earth Week High Fashion: Green on the Green. 4/20/2012. 12:30-2PM. Be There. Watch students strut their stuff in plastic bags, newspapers, cans, bottles, and whatever else, on Lehman lawn.
To enter the trashion show, competitors must follow the below rules:
1. Use anything that has been used before, that you would consider “trash”.
2. Should be sturdy enough to have been worn at least 3 times.
3. Participant has to find another person to model [or choose to model themselves]
4. Anyone from Barnard or Columbia can participate!
5. While clothing can be creative, the choice must be tasteful enough. The outfit will be approved by the participant coordinator the night before.
6. Footwear does not have to be part of the outfit, but heels are not allowed. We encourage you to go barefoot!
7. Notice of submissions (whether complete or not) must be given by Friday the 13th.
8. BE CREATIVE!!! :]
The winner of the Earth Week Trashion Show will receive a prize!
Friday, September 21, 2012
Join the EcoReps in reclaiming public space! ”Park(ing) Day NYC is a New York City Streets Renaissance collaboration which supports the conversion of parking spots throughout New York City’s 5 boroughs into human-friendly places for a single day. These small, temporary public spaces provide a breath of relief from the auto-clogged reality of New York City, and aim to spark dialogue about our valuable public space and how we choose to use it” (http://www.parkingdaynyc.org/about)
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Join the EcoReps in Hewitt Dining Hall for some amazing local food! Dining services will provide students with farm-fresh veggies, meals focused on farmer’s market produce, and classic NYC desserts! Come by and learn more about how the EcoReps and Dining Services are trying to make Barnard a more sustainable place! Happy feasting!